Monday, December 18, 2017

Crafty



WaynoVision  (Dec/24/2015)


When I had the idea for Cat, another gift for someone, I put the third snowman aside and worked only on Cat.  I'm hoping the person for whom the nameless cat is intended will love him/her as much as I do, and I know she will think of the perfect name.  


 As much fun as the snowmen have been, Cat is my favorite.  



I wish I had gotten into the spirit earlier because I've had so much fun playing with dolls this December.  Having gone so long without any inclination to create any eccentric creatures has only added to the pleasure of sewing and stuffing.  I still have a few details left on the third snowman and should finish him up today.



Fee carved Santas from our Christmas trees when our girls were little.  Patiently cutting up the trunks and carving a few each year.  The girls have some of them that were either given or deceptively hijacked when I wasn't looking.  Fee's Santas are my most treasured Christmas decorations, and I love getting them out each year to take pride of place.

I've already gained a few pounds from Christmas goodies (the Cane River cinnamon-sugared and chocolate-covered pecans are my absolute favorite each year).  I have a love/hate relationship with edible gifts-- I am weak and succumb to temptation.

How are you managing the Christmas goodies?  Do you have more self-control?  
Do you have all of your gifts bought and wrapped?  I have a few things left to take care of and Fee's birthday is only a few days away, but I refuse to let the typical Christmas stress get to me this year.  

Minion Quotes #Etsy #Danahm1975 #Jewelry                                                                                                                                                      More

12 comments:

  1. Cat is absolutely adorable. I'm sure the recipient will love it. Your house looks pretty and festive for the holidays.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Shasta! I hope B.E. will love Cat and provide an appropriate name. She has been a cat person since getting her own kitten last year. Prim Paws has grown up, but B.E. is still a cat aficionado.

      Delete
  2. oh my! Love the cat...does it have a pattern or ONE of a kind?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! Cat is one of a kind at the moment. :) I made the head with the intention of a snowman, but with only 4 pieces, the shape was so different. My granddaughter has a love affair with cats, and I wondered if I could make an eccentric cat for her. I loved making Cat and may make more, but at present, Cat is OAK.

      Delete
  3. What a lovely little face! So glad you are enjoying making eccentric friends again!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've now made Cat a shoulder bag and a mouse to put in it. I'm wondering what other accessories might be in order--that is what makes the process fun. :)

      Delete
  4. You can put more personality in a simple face than anyone I know. I love this Cat for her/his simple details.
    Merry Christmas Jen
    xx, Carol

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Carol! Merry, Christmas to you and your family!

      Delete
  5. thank you for letting me know Cat is OAK. I will need to figure out out to make my own cat! Love your blog, I am from Louisiana also, but south of I10 and have lived in Boston for many years now

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hester, I looked online for tutorials for fabric balls, but since my printer wasn't working at the time, I made my own pattern. Since then, I've printed out a couple of patterns for fabric balls. The Cat's body is just a narrow rectangle and arms and legs are long and narrow. Legs and arms are barely stuffed at the top. Nothing fancy on any of this. I sewed the "clothes" by hand directly onto body and grunged up a sock for vest and hat.

      You are a misplaced person in Boston?! Tell me you still love Gumbo!

      Delete
  6. Still love gumbo! could not give that up One more CAT question. How tall?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yay for gumbo! CAT is bagged for delivery, but I think about 15 or 16 inches. Skinny, with long legs. Make a head, then just see what you think about how tall it should be. The wagon hub I took his picture next to is 12" -- his head is about an inch above that and the legs look like maybe two inches folded. I just eye-balled everything to make sense with the head. :)

      Delete

Good to hear from you!