Monday, April 02, 2018

Monday...

Well, the birch trees came down on Saturday, and I miss them.  I know they had to go, but it hurts to see the loss of shade and interest.  

Besides being National Card and Letter Writing Month, April is also National Poetry Month.  For the last two years I've included lines or entire poems when sending mail.  The plan is to do some of the same this year.   


Incoming
from Connie

Outgoing





Another Mushroom


More Ideas for DIY envelopes:

*Use old calendars to make envelopes.  Homespun Seasonal Living has a great tutorial.
Homespun Seasonal Living

*Use an old map.  Although I have used paper maps,
 I made this one last year from fabric with a pretty map, 
heavily starched it, and sewed up the sides.

Don't want to make your own postcards?  
Amazon has packs of postcards that are so much fun!  
Travel?  Vintage?  Fairies?  Circus?  Quotes?
These vintage Cosmopolitan covers are so cool!

12 comments:

  1. Love the little beaded edge on the mushroom!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Rachel. I'm still having fun with the mushrooms. :)

      Delete
  2. Love this post-there's so much going on! You can also have your own art printed on postcards at Moo. They even have envelopes for the cards. You can have each card in the set different too. We have a few birches that have to be cut too. Our huge snow storm bent them over.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I might try the Moo postcards! Thanks for the idea, Debra. I hate losing trees, don't you? Everything in the garden has to be reevaluated. I've been moving some plants that need shade, but have fewer places to put them.

      Delete
  3. I used to have White Birch trees in my yard. They would constantly have Bag Worms. One day I came home to find my trees gone. Terry in cahoots with his dad. I can't tell you how mad I was. It took me a while to get over it. You new mushrooms are just too darned pretty. What you gonna do with all these mushrooms?
    xx, Carol

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The tree guys specifically asked me if I agreed to have the birches cut. Evidently, some folks have the same problem you had!

      I don't know what I'm going to do with the mushrooms. I've considered a wreath. I've also thought about pin cushions. Their main purpose is so that I will have something to do so I can watch my shows. Process, rather than product. :)

      Delete
    2. Are the mushrooms inspired by or from Ann Wood's pattern? I'm pretty sure I am going to order one of her bird patterns.
      xx, Carol

      Delete
    3. I've been all over Pinterest looking at fabric mushrooms. When I found Ann Wood's is when I started using patterned fabrics! Her mushrooms are delightful, as are the ones by Mr. Finch!

      I love Ann Wood's birds, especially her owls!

      Delete
  4. Nice to catch up with your blog a little tonight! Love the notes and envelopes.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey, Debra! Hope you are keeping well and quilting up a storm. :) Good to hear from you!

      Delete
  5. I love the idea of making envelopes from calendars. I'm always hating to throw calendars out at the end of the year. So far, I haven't made any postcards though maybe I will. I did buy a big box of postcards with literary quotes. Some of the quotes are rather weird though.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've run out of my last batch of envelopes and postcards and am busy making more. Calendars make beautiful envelopes, don't they? Such gorgeous photographs...a shame to waste them. I'm having fun looking at some of the tutorials and envelope ideas on Pinterest and have been trying some more watercolor postcards. :)

      Delete

Good to hear from you!